The ideal candidate shall be capable of performing many of the following tasks:
- Precise machining of mechanical parts using lathes, milling machines, drill presses, etc.
- Work from blueprints, diagrams and sketches
- Performing accurate measurement using calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Fabricating by cutting, grinding, drilling, tapping and welding
- Working with engineering staff to assist with machinery layouts and design
- Cross-train apprentices and maintenance personnel
- Potential candidates must be self-starters with the ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Follow all safety requirements
The following skills are also desired but not necessary:
- Rebuilding/Refurbishing mechanical assemblies
- Pneumatic and hydraulic assembly and piping.
- Machinery installation layout, design, and rigging.
- Assisting maintenance staff with machinery repairs
Please note: This position requires a mandatory SUPERVISED DRUG TEST prior to employment.
1. Great math skills
2. Precision handling of necessary equipment
3. Knowledge of correct tooling
4. Self motivated
5. Takes initiative
About TSG Finishing
Founded in 1901 as “Levy’s International Water Shrinking and Drying”, TSG is now run by the fourth and fifth generations of founder Jacob Levy. TSG Finishing has been offering the broadest portfolio of proprietary and branded finishing options in the industry. Our in-house staff of chemists and process engineers are constantly working to develop and improve custom formulations and technology to enhance the desirability and marketability of your product. TSG’s internal compounding operation and machine shop also gives us the flexibility to control quality as well as modify our treatments and processing equipment in the best way possible. We have also been creating embossing tools for all industries for over 15 years. Our proprietary engraving technology allows us to cut patterns that are deeper (up to 3") and more detailed than regular engravers, and do it in a fraction of the time. We have supplied plates and rollers to industries such as automotive, sports apparel and industrial nonwovens. Because we also perform our own embossing, we are able to take non-traditional approaches to the engraving process by pushing the boundaries and developing the most unique products and designs available today.
The International Textile Alliance (ITA) is the go-to resource for textile professionals around the world. We offer leadership, networking and educational opportunities designed to support individual businesses and advance our industry.
Founded in 1990, ITA (formerly called ITMA) is a non-profit business association dedicated to promoting its members and supporting industry development. Members pay an annual fee that funds the associationâ€™s industry events and education programs. A primary membership benefit is that only ITA members are permitted to exhibit at the bi-annual Showtime Market.