Parsons School of Fashion at The New School University is seeking applications from academics, creative practitioners and industry professionals who would like to contribute to teaching on the following programs as part-time faculty members:
Fashion Marketing and Communication
In particular, we are looking for expertise in the following areas and the ability to apply skills and knowledge in the context of fashion, broadly considered:
- Materiality and textile innovation
- Product design and wearable technology
- Systems thinking and human-centered design
- Digital communication and marketing
- Data analytics and artificial intelligence
- Business and entrepreneurship All employees who either belong in this union or supervise such employees must thoroughly review the contract between the university and Local 7902
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
Part-time faculty are responsible for: developing course content and syllabi in consultation with Program Leadership; attending all classes they are assigned to teach as scheduled by the University; reporting any emergency faculty absences to the PTF
Manager and/or Program Leadership; recording student attendance in a timely manner within two days of each class session; and adhering to all University policies (ie., FERPA
, exclusive use of New School email, etc.), as outlined in the ACT
Local 7902 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Read more about our programs here.
Studio courses $95.54/contact hour;
Seminar courses: $127.85/contact hour